Monday, October 15, 2012

Job #12-00251‏

I just sent off the first official cover letter and resume since... I don't even know, before kids I'm sure. That means 14 years ago, plus the years at my last job... too long ago to count. I definitely look like I've been a stay-at-home mom, but that is ok. The site I sent it off to is geared towards those like me!

When I pushed the send button my heart beat a little faster. I got nervous. I think it looked good, I might even get a call. Then the thought crossed my mind, An interview. Sending a resume was scary enough, I might need medication for an interview. I'm getting ahead of myself, relax.

I went to my email and I already received this:

Dear Candidate,

This message is to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
We greatly appreciate your interest in the position.
Your resume will be considered for our current and future opportunities.
Thank you.

 
Wish me luck, say a prayer and maybe I'll get a call. Funny to feel giddy about something like this after so long. Feels good to push myself like this.

1 comment:

  1. What's the job for, Kris? Can you say or does it need to be in an email? How exciting that you're taking this step of faith!! I can't imagine getting back into the work force. Of course, without a college degree, my pay wouldn't be worth much after tax cuts from our pay scale level. Alan and I decided that I'd have to love doing the job for the job's sake ... 'cuz the pay wouldn't amount to much! :) It's a good thing you got that degree!! I do wish you the best and that if this is the right thing for you that God will just make it happen! <3

    ReplyDelete