Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crunchy PB&J

Our family loves the show The Next Food Network Star. It airs in the summer and has become a fun tradition for all of us... even the boys in our family. 2011's winner was Jeff Mauro, known as The Sandwich King. For some reason I decided to record his show last week and I found the craziest recipe... Crunchy Fried PB&J. I realize I neglected to put the word fried in my title, that must have been on purpose... I am terrible at frying and really, it isn't fried.

The title of this episode was "Sweet and Yummy Dessert Sandwiches". He started the show by making a turtle caramel cookie ice cream sandwich, the size of my head. Then he made the PB&J and then... he says "wash it down with a decadent chocolate cake shake, and you'll be ready for a nap." Or cardiac arrest, one or the other.

Whitney and Tennison saw the PB&J being made and voted I make it! It has been 3 days and I'm still stuffed to the rim. Notice I served it with a big ol' fruit salad. It will make you feel more balanced.






It is a little tough to see the layers, but there is crunchy peanut butter, bananas, potato chips with ridges, and raspberry preserves. The coating? Sweet mother! Crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Yes, download it now!! I dare ya!!  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-mauro/crunchy-fried-pb-and-j-recipe/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment