Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just another manic Monday!

Do you remember the group The Bangles from the '80's? Here's a hint: "Walk Like an Egyptian"... does that ring a bell? They had another catchy song, "Manic Monday". The lyrics say, "Just another manic Monday, wish it were Sunday, that's my fun day". That is at least what my memory has stored up. Nonetheless, I'm with her! That Susanna Hoff was so adorable, bet she still is... and I bet she still wishes for the weekends.

Yesterday was my manic Monday! It started like most Mondays. I typically start by going to the gym around 6:15 for some quick cardio, then to the grocery store so I don't have to take kids, and home to unload the car and then shower. As I was putting on my tennies, Moka (our new puppy) came and sat real close to me. I smelled something funny and Scott informed me that she was doing the boot-scootin' boogie the night before leaving poop on the carpet and hardwood floor. So I decided to grab the scissors and snip off that extra poop... lovely way to start your day. I was late to the gym and then hustled off to the grocery store. I came flying in and headed off to the school to volunteer, hair mostly dry! My time at the school went great and then I called Scott... that is when the manic part really set in. I was in a hit-and-run accident almost 3 weeks ago, and my car has been in the shop ever since. Scott got a call from the insurance company saying they decided to total my car. Como say what? Amazing how that happens. Then we find the puppy ate through an electronic device borrowed from a friend... When it rains it pours.

You know, about 5 years or so ago we took a class called Financial Peace University. It has been the most annoying and best thing ever. Everything paid in cash, no credit cards. We just got back from our big California vacation (awesome), bought a puppy (what a joy), came home to a breaking (now dead) garage door opener, and now this!! Scott says, "Well, we haven't had to touch our emergency account yet!" Then as he's mumbling around, "Since I'm so rich why don't we hire a chef too?" That is Scott's version of sarcasm, but what I know he really meant was - I'm so glad God is taking care of us, but cut me a break please. He's done a great job providing and I'm grateful that we can freak out together on our manic Mondays.

So after picking up free sandwiches from Sprouts and a Mountain Dew, we sat on the patio and enjoyed dining al fresco on a 70 degree day in November. Isn't Colorado the best? I don't think we've spoken of the car in the last 24 hours, feels good to ignore it for a while - even if ignoring it won't make it go away. And the magic of electrical tape and an understanding friend are a relief.

Here is to the car search... or a miracle.

5 comments:

  1. yeah - great to hear from you. isn't it great to be able to count on the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, WOW!! You are a real live blogger!! Congrats. You are a good writer and funny, too. Love it. Just one question--how do you get free sandwiches at Sprouts cuz I want some!! Love you, Mj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Kris - welcome to the Kissel family little Moca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your blog and got a couple of good chuckles out of it!! I wondered about that new 'ride' that's been in the garage across the street from me! Let me know if I can ever help you guys out with a ride (or you can borrow my truck if need be!) or whatever! I can't wait to meet the new puppy! Miss all of you guys.. this working the graveyard shift is for the birds! Ok.. I'm following your blog.. write some more stuff to giggle at soon! Love, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO GLAD you're WRITING!!! I told you that you should be a writer. PLUS the things that happen to your family and what they say ... priceless. OK, my favorite part about reading this days blog ... cutting the poop from the dog off with scissors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREAM-LAUGHING tears down face tee hee hee snort I love you Kris!!!

    ReplyDelete