Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding Party

What a night ~ What a celebration ~ What fun

Right after Will & Kate were engaged I informed my family we would be having a Royal Wedding Party. They looked at me like I was a little nutty. I started ripping pictures out of magazine of W&K, along with articles about who would be in the wedding party. As April 29th drew closer I lost a little steam and thought maybe I was the only wing nut wanting some hoopla over it. I decided to call it off and I hear from the girls, "Really? We wanted a party." Well, then a party we'll have!!

We sent out Evites asking everyone to wear their most royal tiara, jewels, hat, gloves or whatever makes them feel like a princess or queen. I sent a disclaimer letting them know that gowns weren't necessary, that I in particular would not be dressing up. About an hour and a half before everyone showed up my friend Kendra calls. She says something along the lines of: "I'm wearing an old bridesmaids dress, because Nicole called and said she's wearing a bridesmaids dress, so you need to wear one." Talk about peer pressure... I dug up a musty smelling bridesmaids dress I saved for such a time as this.

Here is how the night went down...


Prepping our goodie bags! Whitney was a big help.

Everyone got a framed photo of W&K as well as chocolate cookies,
in honor of Will's chocolate biscuit groom's cake.


The Kissel Girls with Nicole & Addy Base.

I had to fast forward the DVR recording of the wedding to the good spots... I saw all these crazy hats, so I hurried and made my own. So funny!!

Red Carpet Arrival. Tennison and Luke left ASAP.

The Royals!

Practicing our most regal of waves.


The Royal Wedding treats. Everyone was so gracious with food and flowers.
The Blumhardt's even made the wedding mints.

Our youngest princesses...

Our next oldest...

And our oldest princesses, ready to take the throne. Bree (on the left) already thinks she will be winning Harry's heart, he just doesn't know it yet.

Just like us moms remember Charles & Diana's wedding,
these girls will always remember Will & Kate's.

See, we were really watching the wedding!


Here is to wishing Prince William and Catherine
a very Happily Ever After!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Who says you'll never wear your bridesmaid dress again?! :) My girls have been in their princess dresses ever since and are still talking about the wedding. Thanks so much for being a "hoopla" kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just might be the coolest mom i know. glad your not around for my kids to compare me to!! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete