Monday, June 27, 2011

Roadkill

I don't know what it is, but my kids are fascinated with roadkill. Now that Reagan sits up front she spots it and feels privileged to get a birds eye view. The two in back get ticked when they miss it and I hear all about it.. Why didn't you say something sooner? Really? I just don't get it. It's disgusting and I try to look away, not my kids.

Case in point: Yesterday Ten and I were coming home from the grocery store and I see a freshly hit bunny. I am stopped at the stoplight right next to it, Ten is on that side and I know he'll be so into it. Sure enough I hear, "Oh!! Look at that bunny. His guts are all over and I can see his eyeballs." Of course he's into it, but a little gagged too. We turn the corner and I hear, "Tires sure squish an animal... like a piece of paper." You're so right dude.

One more case: Today we're driving to Estes Park and we get, "You need to tell us it's coming... like, up on the right there is a dead bird, LOOK!"

Good grief!! Hopefully my lookie-lou kids outgrow this nasty fascination! Until then, R.I.P. roadkill.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it is! Something is just interesting.

    ReplyDelete