Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weekends

I get consistent emails from a website called iMom. Some days I love them, some days I feel convicted by them, and some days I feel challenged to make some changes. A week or so ago I came across one that I decided to take to heart - the 30 Day Mom Challenge, check it out at: http://www.imom.com/page.php?id=194. It has challenged me to kiss the kids while they are sleeping, hug them 3x a day (that is hard once you aren't carrying them anymore, just more effort), leave a sweet note, and make a favorite treat.

Yesterday's challenge was to calculate the number of weekends left until your child graduates from high school. I already realized I only have 5 years left with Reagan at home, so I knew this wasn't going to be any less painful. So here goes: We officially have 260 weekends with Reagan, 364 with Whitney, and 572 with Tennison. Boy am I thankful they aren't leaving the house one right after another, not sure I could handle that.

What I have decided is that it isn't a challenge to make you sad, but rather to put things in perspective. To look at those remaining weekends as a chance to make family memories, not to run around in our busyness and ignore who is in front of you. Our time is so limited and all of those "older" moms who said to enjoy the time, it goes so fast... boy were they right!

No comments:

Post a Comment