Monday, July 25, 2011

4-40 Air Conditioning

Just when I was feeling like this:

Thanks for this Kendra!!

 
As I was saying, just when I was feeling the need to take a timeout from the kids, I had a day planned away. I was taking my mom out for a belated Mother's Day gift (life got busy for us moms), and the kids were taking my dad out (in his car, on my dime) for a Frosty Date... their annual Father's Day gift to him. That would be Wendy's Frostys and french fries.

When I got home I was asked if I heard of Grandpa's 4-40 air conditioning in his car? Um, no, never heard of that. For some reason GP Skip decided to take the old Explorer and showed the kids what the good ol' days were like. He said, "Have you heard of 4-40 air conditioning? No? I'll show you when we get going." He has them roll down their windows and then when he hit 40 mph he said, "That's 4-40 air conditioning." Four windows down at 40 mph, feel the air kids, feel the air!! I roared.

Then of course there is the 4-40 R air conditioning... that happens when he opens the sunroof... a little extra air flow! I heard they were quite sweaty in that style of a/c. Gotta love time with Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment