Tuesday, August 9, 2011

40

It is official, I'm 40 years old and I'm embracing it. I had the most amazing celebration a girl could have and I have my family and friends to thank for it. I do believe we celebrated all week, but for sure the 4 days around July 30th. I figure it was a day a decade leading to 40.

Let me recap the events! Scott did an amazing job making the week festive. Most importantly, he took the weekend off from work. The two of us went out for breakfast on Friday morning, later went horseback riding as a family it 95 degree weather along with rain (so cool), then went to the pool with pizzas that evening. 





Mat doesn't own a draft horse, so Scott had to ride this one.

July 30th... Saturday, the big day, started off with donuts on the patio.

My mug says I'm The Birthday Girl!

The best part of that morning was Whitney's baptism in Horsetooth Reservoir. What a special moment we'll always remember.

A little reassuring pep talk before the baptisms got started.




After the baptism Tennison had a slammin' lemonade stand thanks to friends coming to buy lemonade and animal crackers on a super hot day.

 

A few of Ten's cutest customers!!

Then it was off to Boulder to walk around and have dinner at Pasta Jay's with my parents. If ever you are in my homeland of Boulder, you must go there. You will want to bathe in their Alfredo sauce while eating their very garlicky bread. Ok, you might not, but I would.
I'm just sayin'!

Celebrating at Pasta Jay's. Next visit will be in the winter where the warmth warms me up, not makes me sweat. Although I will gladly suffer through for the garlic in any weather.





We passed this puppy around multiple times.
I won't tell my wish, all I can say is Ciao bella!

We continued to celebrate on Sunday when Scott and the kids hosted breakfast on the patio, compliments of Julie. She mailed all of the fixin's she could for waffles (Scott joked: isn't it crazy she even mailed the eggs).

The chefs were even sent hats & aprons to wear.

They were also sent the table decorations!

Spoiled... just plain spoiled!

The best!

Homeslice looks like Aunt Jemima!

Like I said, it was a 4 day celebration. However, because I've gone on and on (for my memories), I will stop with Sunday and blog more later. We had more fun Sunday evening when we went to my parents for a yummy celebration dinner followed by a carrot cake... they know what their girl loves.

No, I'm not 391 - I am 39 + 1.



Happy Birthday was sung while waving sparklers.

Like I said, the partying didn't stop there. Why would it? The newspaper had an article that day about turning 40 and making it a reason to throw a big party!! Taking that advice my friends threw a party Monday, and then Scott and I will have a "We're Turning 40" party this weekend.

Here is to another great year!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love you guys so much! Thanks for being the best parents ever!
    Love you lots,
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete