Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 Ten years Later

What does 9/11 mean to you? Can you remember where you were when it happened? I was working out and the TV I was watching had on the Today Show. I clearly remember Katie Couric's somber face as she reported the news. I remember calling Scott from the gym telling him to turn on the television. It didn't seem real, it seemed like I was watching a movie.

We were scheduled to go on a dream trip to the East Coast in October. Out of fear I didn't want to leave my then 3 year old and 16 month old daughters. We made the trip. We flew into Boston and were welcomed by men in military uniforms holding some kind of machine gun. We came home safely.

In time our paths crossed with some amazing friends, Craig and Renee Woodall. Craig's brother Brent died in the towers. Renee sent us a link to a very special tribute to Brent. You can check it out at www.csnbayarea.com , look around for the name Woodall. He left behind his immediate family as well as his pregnant wife. Grief. Craig is "the face" of 9/11 in our community and has taken that on with grace. He is in New York this weekend with his oldest daughter, along with his mom and sister to attend the memorial. Please pray alongside Scott and I, and his wife Renee. Prayer for safety and for peace in their hearts. Prayer that fear doesn't take over.

It will be an emotional time tomorrow visiting the memorial. Please keep them and the others there in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment