Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Breck, our kind of town

Turns out I didn't have many stories for Scott on our ride up the mountain. We got a late start due to Tennison feeling crummy. We were tired, but thankful we both got to go. On our way up the mountain we stopped at Qdoba for dinner. A very kind teenage girl informed me I had paraded through the restaurant with t.p. on my rear, nice.

I'm not a retreat person... at all. I never have been, doubt I ever will be. Scott is a retreat person... completely. What I do like about this retreat: I like my husbands company, the mountains are beautiful in September, the Breckenridge scenery is amazing, and I didn't have to cook 6 meals in a row. Can I get a hallelujah?


They're probably from Texas.

Yep, definitely Texas.

Wow!

Without the kids and them holding their breath through the tunnel,
the Eisenhower wasn't as exciting.

Those dang beetle bugs are killin' our trees...

But not all of them.


Tennison would have loved this!


In all of the years we've gone to Breck, we've never spent time at their marina. In all honesty, it seems like such an unlikely place to go sailing. But really, it is such a beautiful setting... these people are on to something.

We really do live in the best place!

We survived another retreat. We went home exhausted and stuffed, but we had fun together and with the staff. We also got to see another side of our favorite mountain town. We'll be back for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Kris - we did so many retreats at CCU that I never want to go on another one again. Ever!

    Great pics.

    Love,
    A.B.

    ReplyDelete