Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bailout

There are different kinds of bailouts in life. Let me tell you about this morning's bailout. The phone rang at 8:30. Tennison came to me and said it was Dustin, "Hello?" No Dustin. The phone rings again. "Hey, I need some help." He proceeds to tell me how sick his wife is and that he needs to get her to urgent care, could I watch their kids. The kids - one is almost 3 and twins almost 1. Knowing I needed to get Ten to school, he loaded all 3 in his car so when I got there we took off for school.

I remember the days driving along with a chatty two year old. Non-stop chatting, I miss that! He tells us how him and Ten are best buds. He talked on and on about the monster truck Ten had brought with him. After we left the school I asked him what his little brother might call him when he can talk, "Hey Putz." How funny is that? He pointed out all of the cars, trucks and buses he saw. He also said some words in another language I don't speak. I guess that language is called Two Year Old.

We got to their house where I was struck with a dilemma. Who do I get out of the car seat first? A twin? Do I leave one alone in the car and put one in the house... who then I leave alone in the house to get the one alone in the car? Crumb! I told Caleb to tell his brother not to walk off. He looked at me like I was crazy, he can only crawl. What a juggling act!!

After an hour and a half I was reminded how great little ones are. After that I was also glad to have that stage of life behind me. I'm ready for Caleb to come visit to play cars with Tennison. He said, "I'll get in my car. Park in a parking spot. Open my door. Get out. Close the door...." So many details and he isn't even in my house yet. Except he did stop to ask, "Do you have dinner there?" I love a two year old!! I also love a good bailout - that is what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment