Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Blame Eve

Here it is, the book review I told you was coming for I Blame Eve. I've never written a review, but I'm going to tell you this, it is well worth your time. God speaks through Susanna in such an honest and real way that you can't help but grow.
I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden

Maybe I like it because I like Susanna so much. We seem so similar, kind of freaky actually. She's a pastor's wife - check. She has three kids - check. Her husband's name is Scott - check. Then there are the chapter titles: I Am a Perfectionist, I Get Discouraged, I Have Control Issues... Big Ones, I Don't Like Waiting - check, check, check, and check.

She begins with the Bible story of Eve and that sneaky snake. "He just had to introduce some confusion and mistrust and let Eve's brain do the rest." Sounds like the same thing he is doing to us today. We want to be filled by something and can spend a lot of time searching. Yet, "We were made to be full of God's Spirit. The gaping hole in us, that soul emptiness, was meant to be filled with a relationship with our Creator."

Later she refers to the Eden gene... "Even though we never stepped foot in Eden, we hunger for it, this place of untainted relationships and perfect provision... The Eden gene tends to promote two things in us: pride and selfishness." Can I hear a Check! Check! ?

With stories that will make you laugh and insight into His word, Susanna will challenge your thought processes and will encourage you to live the life you were designed for by your Creator.


I Blame Eve, by Susanna Foth Aughtmon

No comments:

Post a Comment