Thursday, June 7, 2012

Parisian Prep

I learned from my Mom how to send a kid away from home in style. I was the Queen of Homesickness and needed the love from home. (I couldn't hardly make it a full night at a sleepover until high school.) For longer stays she never let me go without a note or 12 tucked in my suitcase. Every note had a piece of Freedent gum. How funny is that? That gum will always have a special place in my heart. So I ran to the store to grab some of our favorite snacks, Nibs (bite size Twizzlers) and put some in a baggy instead of Freedent. Reagan is always telling Scott & I that she loves us more than... So there she has it! I love her more than... I bet those were devoured before she landed.
                           

Then I enlisted Scott to help me write a notecard a day from both of us.
Whitney and Tennison added more notes to that.

If you can tell what that is... it is the "Ifall Tower".
Hoping nobody falls from the Eifel Tower!!

When the kids had breakfast on departure day they were surprised with crepes!

Nutella filled, banana filled, powdered sugar topped!
Not sure the powdered sugar is Parisian, but Ten towered it high!

 
I know the kids love the extra time we take to make their time away not so hard. I know the notes will help Reagan in those few moments of homesickness. They always helped me.

Love, The Homesick Queen

2 comments:

  1. i heard about this program! i want to do this when i get to 8th grade! have fun reagan! Kerrigan loves the sugar too...
    ~Kit Kat and the Philavanhs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit my blog at
    livingtothefullest-KitKat.blogspot.com
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete