Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rain and Hail

It has been two full weeks since the High Park Fire started. I somewhat feel like the plume of smoke coming out of our mountains will be there forever. I know that it won't really, but when the fire stands at 83,205 acres and remains 45% contained, you start to wonder. It is reported that 248 structures have burned and 2,037 personnel are battling the blaze. I wonder how they feel.

We continue to wake up with smoke in the air, like waking up at camp. Then one day the sky will be clear, the mountain looks normal and by the afternoon it all changes. The biggest enemy seems to be the weather, high winds and record heat. It was 104 yesterday, 104. The last time it was that high was in 1954... a record we didn't want to beat.

Feeling tired and mellow I went to church. (I was solo because Scott planned the last four days for his annual golf trip. I was thinking he might melt in the heat... two rounds of golf in one day of 104.) Our Pastor was telling us we can pray for rain even though there is no rain in the forecast, our God is bigger than that. After 4 services this weekend, guess what?! It started to rain... and hail. HAIL!! I started hollering Hail!! in my best Southern twang. That hail is gonna stomp out that fire!!! I really doubt it did but how cool is that!? Can't wait to hear what the news says about it! I'm sure they'll thank Mother Nature. I thank GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment