Thursday, June 28, 2012

Swelbow

This week Tennison was in a skateboard camp. He had a blast and got himself a swelbow. A swelbow you ask? Well I went to my trusty Urban Dictionary to help define it... 
  • an elbow that is always swollen, due to constant crashes. be it skateboarding, bmxing, etc...
  • dude did you see my swelbow? I overrotated on my 720 and landed on my elbow.
Tennison's first swelbow!

It has come down a little, but it sure was the talk of the week. He learned how to drop in too. If that doesn't ring a bell to you without a skater in your life, it is the move that gives us moms a heartattack... he stands on the rim with his board and goes straight down.

Here are some other highlights!





My favorite skater dude EVER!

Tennison had a great week and couldn't wait to go and learn more. He has gotten so much better and seems to have no fear. He is getting closer on the ollie too. An ollie you ask? Sorry, I have no words to define that one. But Ten would love to show you.

I think what this week reminded me is that our kids are going to find things they love, even if it doesn't exactly line up with what we love. Not only did Tennison's skateboard camp remind me of this, but Reagan too. Finding what they want to do that aligns with their talents isn't always easy, but it is worth the work it may take to help them find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment