Thursday, February 23, 2012

I interrupt this week to bring you...

When the week started I had a calendar full of activities ahead. The kids were off Monday and on Tuesday wouldn't you know, Tennison had a cough. A barky cough. He gets that and nothing else so I sent him to school. About a half hour before his day was done I got a call, "Tennison is in the office, no fever but a bad cough." I'll come get him.

Short version: By 6:00 he was asleep with his head on my lap in the doctor's office. By 6:30 he had a 100 degree temp, a diagnosis of pneumonia and I was armed with three prescriptions.


Pathetic!!

My very favorite pediatrician in the whole entire universe said about the meds, "This isn't going to be cheap." I said We'll make it happen, it's his airways. He says something along the lines of, "We have a saying in medicine, if they aren't breathing it isn't good." I hear ya!

He even got an inhaler... he's good at it.

The craziest thing happened. I went to tuck Ten in for a nap this afternoon. After taking his temp (101 degrees), giving him Tylenol and a breathing treament we proceeded to blow through approximately 952 Kleenexes. Nearing 952 he got a bloody nose. After 52 snot screws (Uncle Steve's name for twisting a Kleenex into a screw and cramming it up your nose) it kept bleeding. He tells me, "Dad says not to blow your nose with a bloody nose." Ok. 25 minutes later I said, Blow your ever lovin' nose. "But Dad said..." Dad's not here and I'm on bloody nose patrol... blow please. Would you know it stopped after a few honks.

Now for the crazy thing. I hear this pop!! Ugh, what is Moka doing downstairs. Tennison says, "Maybe she got into your cake." I don't have a cake.  Pop!! "MOKA!"  I go downstairs to find Moka outside and this on my stove...


I left eggs boiling on the stove for a good 30+ minutes...
the water evaporated and the eggs were blowing out of their shells!

Have you ever seen a burned outter shell? Me neither.

Shrapnel flew!!

This incredibly unexpected week will go down in the record books. I'm not quite sure if the Oscar party will take place, but what I know is that this house is the only place I'd like to be this week. With my little man taking his temp, giving medicine, stopping bloody noses, and cleaning up egg shrapnel. A week interrupted for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment