Saturday, February 18, 2012

One Big Step Closer Part Two

Time to get cooking! I want to try out my main dish
recipe and in order to do that I put on my apron.

My friend Kendra made this for me for my 40th.
She's smart, she put a little homage to my blog on the front.

And she's super talented. This apron is even reversible...
see, told you she's smart!

I told her she should call them Wonder Aprons,
they make a girl look busty. I mean look.

Now to the cooking.
I have chicken marinating in buttermilk and hot sauce.

The printer ink is out, so I use my laptop to see the recipe.

Time to get the dredge ready...


Lunch break... while the chicken bakes.

Yumm... veggies on focaccia bread, to die for!

Oven-fried Chicken! Not sure Aibileen and Minny would
agree, but I really can't imagine using Crisco like they do.

Main dish - Check!

3 comments:

  1. Aww! I forgot about the "busty" look. Maybe it's time to make one for myself. Ha! :)Chicken looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oven fried chicken, y'all? Well dadgum and bless your heart! Paula would give you up the creek for that one! You might could pass the test with her if you'd add a couple of pounds of butter. Be sure to fill your buggy with it next time you're at the Piggly Wiggly. But Bobby would give your oven-fried alternative a big 'ole pat on the back. He'd say, "Yes Ma'am. All y'all come back now for more, hear?" How's that for some southern speak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I just offended my Georgia-born and bred spouse! :)

      Delete