Saturday, March 5, 2011

3 Down, 3 To Go

This is my busy time of year, every year, with our Oscar party, Tennison's birthday and Reagan's birthday. Throw in a Spring Break trip and you have the makings of a busy life. I love it! This is the stuff I enjoy beyond belief. I have always said I can find just about any reason to throw a party. This year I added a friend's 40th birthday celebration, a baby shower and my mom's birthday in the mix.

Last night I threw a shower for my friend Karrie. I was thrilled to celebrate her and the upcoming arrival of her new little guy. All I had to do to decorate was switch out some things from the Oscars.
 

Check out the mini bottles, too cute!

These are the greatest blocks. We had these with Tennison and have
used them to decorate for his birthday and showers.



Karrie will be naming her little man Nathan. I had the women write some middle name ideas to help them out. I let them refer to this book...

Examples are Spanky, Laverne, Belladonna, Kermit, Polly Esther and Lefty.

Another game we did was Old Wives Tales. Knowing she is having a boy, we still tried all of these tricks out:
  1. Have you had cravings for sweet or sour foods? Sweet = girl, sour = boy.
  2. If you are carrying high = girl, low = boy.
  3. If your age at conception and the year of conception are both even or both odd = girl. If one is odd and one even = boy.
  4. Usually crabby during your pregnancy? Girl. My friend Kendra said, "Who isn't crabby during pregnancy?" Good point.
  5. Ring on a necklace. Hold it closely over the belly, if it moves in a circular motion = girl, side-to-side = boy.
  6. Show me your hands. If she showed them palms up = girl, palms down = boy.
  7. What do you think it is? Moms-to-be correctly guesses 70% of the time. 
Well, it looks like she is going to have to consider girl names. She was girl for every one of these!! The wildest one was the ring on the necklace. We had 2 other pregnant women

Here is to Tennison's birthday party coming up this week, Spring Break in Arizona, Reagan's birthday and Mom's. It is going to be great. Then I'll take a short nap before I plan Whitney's birthday party and Scott & my 40th.


No comments:

Post a Comment