Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And The Oscar Goes To ...

Moi! It is back in the Kissel house since 2007 and it feels so good! I will relish in it for the entire year, so everyone brace yourself!

Our Oscar on our red carpet!


I started decorating for our California Beach Chic party last week. I used purple and silver as my color theme, it was awesome.




This was the final look on Oscar night.

We all provided a California infused appetizer along with fruit, cheeses and veggies.


I tried a new idea, 7-layer dip in a Margarita glass. I added a giant olive on top in honor of Oscar. The foods were so wonderful, everyone goes all out. 
A big part of the fun is the theme and foods we eat.


Greg & Vicky - Vicky has won our newest trophy twice since '04, Greg won it 3 times. I broke his streak this year though... it had to happen.

Eric & Trena, the two who fight strong every year. Unfortunately Trena has
never won - I tried so hard this year to get a victory for her.

Your Oscar hosts.

The whole gang!

Greg graciously handed the Oscar to the newest winner.

They have to go Moka, they'll be back next year... or sooner!!

Our 17th Annual Oscar Party was a lot of fun. There were prizes given out - dark chocolate for the Black Swan, gumballs for The King's Speech (like the marbles he had to put in his mouth), blue Peeps in honor of The Social Network (Mark Zuckerberg's fave color) and Boston Baked Beans for The Fighter.

The 18th Oscar's may like, go totally rad and like, totally '80's. Until then, is it tacky to bring Oscar with me around town?



No comments:

Post a Comment